Friday, February 14, 2014

Home, Sweet Notre Dame--err, home.

Hello ladies on this unusually warm, snowy day!


Today, I had to clean my car off before it snows again tonight and tomorrow and went out on a little adventure. Here's just a snippet of life on campus. More to come (yes, pictures!) after I finish writing my clinical report...

Yet another reason why I absolutely love Notre Dame: Jim Mitchell, (executive director of risk management, public safety) saw me and Candra digging my car out before we get anymore snow. He was driving at first and apparently broke out laughing as he passed by. The second time he drove past, clearly trying to push us into the snow and get us wet, he asked us if we needed any help and that he was proud of how much progress we got through with the snow (not much, by the way). He offered to get us a shovel and drove away. We didn't think much of it until he came back made me a Candra jump back into the snow, falling. With a completely stoic face, he asked if we were okay and showed us the shovel. At first we thought he was just showing us how to get the snow off (haha, yes we are girls...) but he proceeded to completely dig the car out and drove  it into a shoveled, clean path. He then proceeded to initiate a snowball fight with us (after making a joke about how Wendi's Christmas present to me, a radio transmitter for my phone, looked like a breathalyzer), egging us to get in the car and find a safe, clean, shoveled, salted spot so we would be good for the snow tonight and tomorrow. That's what I call a wonderful staff full of dedication, care, compassion, and true family love. This is yet another reason why I love this school and why I seriously call this my home. 



Yep, that was aiming for me and Candra lol. Some of it even ended up on Candra's shoes! 



1 comment:

  1. What a great story! How nice of Jim to help...though the following snowball fight sounds just like him!

    ReplyDelete