Monday, February 3, 2014

A "what weekend" kinda Monday

If you're on the east coast you probably had some type of warning/almost school closed situation this morning or afternoon. Here in Maryland this morning at 6am for clinicals, I encountered rain...freezing cold rain. When we left there was still none of the promised 4-6 inches of white fluff but rather ice pellets and strong winds. Needless to day it was an interesting morning but there's more! (The good more lol)

Today was the first day of my med surg clinical and I ended up with almost the same girls from my group last semester and the dynamic is definitely still there. 

Look at us walking to the parking garage to our cars after our instructor let us out early!


It was freeeeeeezing! 

Anyway, this weekend I learned the awesomeness of ebooks and have been holed up wherever I could be with my iPad in tow catching up for my classes. Yeah, it's been that kind of a weekend. It's okay though because today I was able to pick up more of this awesome invention of caffeinated chocolate. It's like the college student's two favorite things while studying! That, or for a mid afternoon break to keep you up at clinicals! Lol



Nursing is tough but I just have to keep chugging on. It's such a rewarding career and every experience I have just solidified that further. I may have to sacrifice my weekends my days my nights and sleep for now but there is a light at the end of this work tunnel. May 2015, here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment