Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Smiling through the yawns and caffeine chasers

Today was our first full day on the floor for our med surg clinicals. It was a tiring and exhausting,yet  wonderful, fulfilling, and awesome day. I got to see and do so much today with the awesome nurse preceptors in my unit but there's still so much to learn. If today is any indication of the next 5 weeks, I'm so game for it! Bring it on spring 2014! 

Me, Andrea, Corrine, Gabby (lol), Rochelle, and Tori as we were leaving the building today. We all really just wanted caffeine at this point. We drove back to campus with homework, a validation to practice, and tons of reading to catch up on!

As someone in our group today said, "smiling though we're tired, smiling through the exhaustion. You learn that this is really what you want in life when at the end of the day you still want to go back on the floor." Nursing wasnt my first choice but it unexpectedly picked me and I'm proud to be a future Notre Dame nurse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment