Friday, January 24, 2014

Once upon a cold winter's night

Let's be honest: Good food is hard to come by and when it's cold, we just crave the rich smell of warm food. Lets just say I got inspired...or bored... this week on campus what with all the snow. Anyway, I am making good use of my mini crock pot that I got for Christmas. Tonight I'm getting creative and bought raw food to cook (okay you're probably like "Anna of course it's raw hence you cook it..." Hear me out, I've just been using this wonderful machine to warm up store bought soup...). Right now it's a mix of chicken, garlic, onions, rosemary, thyme, oregano, olive oil, Riesling, chicken broth...just repeating the list is making me über excited to see how this turns out. 

Although we have really flexible meal plans on campus, college is a place to learn how to survive in the real world. That and sometimes all you want is to walk in your room and it smell like home. (Okay thats a little odd I admit lol) Cooking is one of the fun experiments we have to encounter in college. As I keep bemoaning to Liz, I'm actually starting to become an adult haha! I want knife sets, cutting board, oven mitts...wow maybe I am getting old!

Anyway, this is my winterim adventure. On a college student's budget, this is my lunch and dinner tomorrow so wish me luck on the taste!

Let the experimentation begin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment