Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Silver Linings

Hi ladies!

I'm definitely putting off studying for my Foundations of a Caring Profession class and this is definitely a good way to do it (shh! don't tell my professors!). It's the fourth week into nursing school and my first big test is in TWO DAYS. yikes. Oh and I have to be able to read vital signs by next Tuesday so if you're around campus and would like a free blood pressure test, pulse reading, and respiration rate report, find me...or any other nursing student. Just look for the scrubs :)

Speaking of scrubs, that's pretty much my uniform now. We have a choice to wear business casual under our lab coats or scrubs. Today I chose business casual because I forgot to do laundry so my roommates dressed me (haha I love that we all fit into each other's things!)

L: my nursing classmate Kim in her scrubs outside the new academic (well, we call it nursing) building. R: Me today :) Excuse the mess...I had an early start this morning and threw everything everywhere...


SO....what's been going on campus?

MOVIES UNDER THE STARS! (okay, we really only had one outside but still, we showed movies...FOR FREE!!!


Bridesmaids as a part of welcome week. Everyone who came got free NDMU blankets and a tumbler!
You know you go to an all girls school when: This scene comes on and there is mad cheering from the audience the entire 15 seconds it was on the screen. Priceless. (why yes, that is The Great Gatsby!)



FOODING. We washed our hands well in Holistic Health Assessment so we got candy. Yeah, I'm still living with Liz. She and I got a triple this year so we have Candra, too! This was the other night when I walked in and heard giggling and a tad bit of arguing. Red handed on the ice cream in the hallway fighting for the last piece of cookie in the cookies and cream ice cream. Btw, SAGE now serves sushi. om nom nom. 


LOOOOVE the new windows in the "academic" building. I put myself on a self imposed exile last week so that I could get some work done. It was fantastic!

So all in all, it's been the same crazy life. One great thing today: I found out a got a scholarship to go to the Maryland Nursing Association Conference in a few weeks! I'm not presenting but I get to hear about all the fantastic things nurses in Maryland are doing! *cue epic dancing music* I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Meanwhile...I really should get back to some studying. Hope your year has been to a great start. 

Oh btw, one more reason why you should come to Notre Dame (for all you baseball fans out there)

FREE O's game tickets. ahhhhhhh! Although I wouldn't mind some Raven's ones either.... GO BAL'MORE Birds!


No comments:

Post a Comment