Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just a few of my favorite things





Hey ladies! Today marks the beginning of the Lenten season  for Catholics. It's a time of reflection and really, being thankful as well. I guess it's fitting that I am sharing my thoughts with you guys now.

This year, I'm giving  up time in my week FOR a chance to be a bit more reflective by going to mass at least twice a week! 



This has been a rather challenging week and it's not over yet. This week alone I have spent more nights in the library than I have ever spent there since I got here. It feels like tests and papers and reading are all over the place! My friends and I have been joking that it's not even a full month and we're playing "catch up" to most if not all our classes. I'm sure you have these moments, too. Then again it's times like these that really make me appreciate little study breaks, friends to walk to and from the library with, and cherish the good things here at Notre Dame. A lot's happened in a week so I'll try to sum it up with   just "a few of my favorite things"

The long walk back to campus from the library. Okay, it's no that long but at 2AM, it sure feels like it! At least Campus Security offers to pick us up and drop us off at our residence hall.

                       Study time in the library!


                                                                               Or maybe not....

The weather in Baltimore is crazy. Last Saturday (before the superbowl), I had an eye appointment so Candra, Liz, and I decided to get lunch and do some grocery shopping. We ended up getting caught in the snow...at night.


Poor Candra didn't know Liz was taking a picture of her! There we are at the Collegetown shuttle stop in Towson Place. 

Tonight I got out of my night class and walked out in THIS. Pretty but it better be worth it in the morning.


Last Thursday was Notre Dame Day, a day when we award student and faculty with departmental awards and honor those in the Fall Dean's list. Angela was given an award. 


Here's the proud Interim Director (and my admissions counselor!!) with Stephanie and of course, I have a video!

CONGRATS ANGELA!!!

By the way, have you ever heard our Alma Mater? Well here's the entire community singing it!





Remember my invitation for you ladies to come spend the night? Well, I have a wonderful prospective on Monday, Ashley. As I trapped myself on my chair to homework, I found this on my wall. Thanks girl!!!





Remember, too, that I LOVE music? I went an treated myself to this. YAY! I'm watching it right now, in fact! I love sales on Amazon lol




Last thing I love, Zumba time with my besties! Okay, this picture isn't Zumba--this was before when Chen was warming up by a bit of boxing.



So what are YOUR favorite things? In weeks of challenge, just like Maria, think about the little things that make you smile. Happy snowy night ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment