Sunday, March 17, 2013

Raw Picture Salad


No, I really--I meant the salad part! Who says college eating was ALWAYS unhealthy? Pfft, blue cheese salad, lean pocket, and Perrier. Yes, yes it is all green on my desk. No, this was not St. Patrick's Day--although Happy St. Patty's!
This week has been incredibly all consuming. First, I lost my voice which some of you know is like the end of the world for me (cue the dramatic music)! lol, jk. So, I couldn't sing this week and barely talk, actually. However, in many other ways, it was absolutely productive. On Sunday, I did a group process interview to become an orientation leader again (interviewed Wednesday, too) and yesterday, I got the news that I got it!! So that means you'll definitely see me a LOT this summer! Woot! One of Notre Dame's spring traditions is the Nancy Kreiter Research Day where students from all disciplines submit what they've been working on in and out of the classroom. Fourier Hall on April 26 will be transformed into scientific presentation halls, performances, paper readings, etc. This is my first time submitting a proposal and I hope I get in! I will be presenting on the combination of Romanticism and Baroque using a vocal selection of Bach/Gounod Ave Maria. Why? Well, I'm a huge history geek, I love music, I'm taking an honors Romanticism class and a voice lesson class, we're making some major changes to Campus Ministry, AND I L-O-V-E (yep, bring out the Nat King Cole or Michael Buble version as you may please) Ave Maria. It's absolutely one of my most favorite pieces to sing and I'm so excited to do it! ANYWAY here is what my life has been the last two weeks, raw and unedited (some of these I just have not had a chance to post so here!)



L: I introduced Candra, Chen, and Liz to GroupMe...worst idea ever. R: Alumni Mass for Class of 1959--I got to sing one of my favorite songs and fulfilled my dream of singing Ave Maria in the chapel!


We have a new person in the group--Hershey. We took her along when we went for retail therapy at the mall. Needless to say, task accomplished although my credit card is reeling from it all!


Sweets on campus are always fun. L: Campus Ministry handed out Shamrock cookies on Friday R: When I was working at SLIC the other night, SWEET had an event and gave me and Liz cupcakes. Yum!!

I get to register officially for my first round of nursing classes tomorrow! That, and a summer class for my minor (summer classes in college is not the same in high school, it's actually pretty cool!). Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day and don't forget to register for accepted students overnight on April 7-8!

No comments:

Post a Comment